Two languages, three countries, three universities – TMA
Do ancient cultures interest you? Are you looking for a high level, international, science-oriented programme? The CBR offers the opportunity to be part of the Trinational Master Degree Programme (TMA) thanks to the collaboration of the universities of Basel, Freiburg im Breisgau and Strasbourg.
The Trinational Master is an interdisciplinary, bilingual academic programme (4 semesters/2 years) taking place in four universities in three countries. Two main characteristics distinguish this programme from other Masters.
1. An all-encompassing, specialized Classical & Ancient Studies programme.
– this programme focuses on the entire spectrum of Classical & Ancient Studies: Oriental Archaeology, Egyptology, Greek and Roman history, old-oriental languages as well as Greek and Roman literature & philology, comparative indo-European linguistics, embracing prehistory, proto-history, classical archaeology as well as the archaeology of the Roman Empire up to Christian archaeology.
– the TMA programme enables you to acquire a broad knowledge of several fields of Classical & Ancient studies and overcomes the (artificial) borders that sometimes exist between archaeology, history and philology.
– however, a high quality education requires special knowledge. This is the reason why half of the ECTS have to be obtained in one main field of the themes on offer.
2. the internationality
– the TMA is a trinational programme. Its range of courses includes all Classical & Ancient Studies courses from the universities of Basel, Freiburg im Breisgau, Mulhouse and Strasbourg. As a member of the TMA you attend at least two of these universities. As the CBR supports you financially for your travel costs between the different universities you have chosen.
– this programme allows the student to become acquainted with French, German, as well as Swiss scientific traditions applied to Classical & Ancient Studies. Last but not least, they can practise their French/German and improve their bilingual fluency during the TMA.
If you have achieved a first level of studies in classic Philology, Archaeology or Ancient History, if you have good knowledge of German and French, as well as an Ancient language (Greek, Latin,…): apply for the Trinational Master in Classical & Ancient Studies!
Choose two universities that use two different working languages. Application and registration take place at the university at which you would like to start your studies. Deadline is 15 June of the year in which you want to start.
Freiburg (Prof. Dr. Astrid Möller): http://www.altertum.uni-freiburg.de
Strasbourg (Prof. Dr. Michel Humm): https://www.unistra.fr/formations/diplome/fr-rne-0673021v-pr-sh635-234http://www-umb.u-strasbg.fr/histromaine.html